Saturday, February 28, 2009

I have a temporary (sort of) farm

A friend of mine is going through a rather nasty divorce, and while it is terrible, she is happier than she has been in a long time. Her husband got caught cheating in a big way, and in the state of Alabama his ass is hers (particularly the part by his wallet). She’s getting to keep the house, which includes the very large garden space her husband used for his (now pretty much defunct) pepper business. So, she is renting the space to me for the growing season so I can grow vegetables for market. All she is charging me is some free veggies and the extra water. This, obviously, is grand news.

I’ve also been working on my serial this week. I am working nights, so I’ve been too exhausted to edit anything, much less get it posted. It is not the best things I’ve ever written, certainly, but I’m enjoying it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home