Friday, March 13, 2009

Retail Hell is Over

I had to give up the retail job. The job itself wasn't bad; boring and mind-numbing, yes (not to mention useless) but not bad. It was mostly folding and hanging clothes. I don't mind doing that. But it was a part-time job for $7 an hour, and after hiring me, knowing I did other work, they decided to mess with my schedule to see how badly I wanted the job. Not that bad, thank you very much. I needed that money in addition to, not instead of, my other income. I'm no worse off than I was before -just still not making enough money to support myself, but it was that way without the job too. I have an extra cleaning job this weekend and a line on some other work, so I'll be okay. I'll even be up a hundred bucks when my check comes in.

The sad thing is, I make more when I spend two hours cleaning a house than I did working a full-shift there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Actually, I think its good that cleaning earns more than selling clothes. I suppose it's difficult to quantify the productivity of each job that way, but its just how I feel.

Here's hoping your neighborhood gardening takes off!

3/13/2009 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home