Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bus Misadventures

I've had an interesting two weeks. I've been working sixty plus hours both weeks plus making soap flat-out for my first big show, which is next month. I'm going to put up a post on soapmaking in the next few days, complete with pictures.

Yesterday K and I went to look at a bus. We drove all the way to southern Arkansas. Two of our friends came with us so we would have plenty of drivers for both bus and car if we got. Friday was crazy as we tried to get ready to go up there. The guy who had the bus assured us that it was running and had been driven recently and was in good condition. The only problem was that the brakes needed to be bled. We got there and the bus didn't even have a carb on it. It hadn't been driven in months. And the brakes? They needed replacing, not bleeding. So we came back without a bus.

K is pretty upset. She arranged the whole thing and feels like its her fault, but there was nothing else she could have done. We're back to square one looking for a bus, but we'll get there.

My apologies if this post is a bit incoherent. I just got up. We didn't get in until midnight and I got to sleep in for the first time in weeks. Yay, sleep!

One last thing: I've had to turn on comment moderation due to the sheer amount of spam comments I've been getting on older posts. It should only apply to those posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home