Monday, December 31, 2007

Hello again...

I'm trying to get this blog restarted. I fell out of the habit while I was away on my trip (which was wonderful by the way) and somehow have not gotten back into it. So, I'm going to try to post once a week from now on.
Right now I'm recovering from a nasty cold, so this won't be a long post. The other night I stopped by a big box store to get some meds for this cold. Normally I don't take those cold meds, and I don't normally shop at big box stores, but this cold has just about knocked me off of my feet. Anyway, I grabbed the cold meds and and a couple of other things -orange juice and the like -and when I got to the register to pay, the cashier took it as a personal affront that I was paying in cash. Wtf? Yes, there was a line, but, regardless of what they tell you, cards are not faster than cash. But this cashier was upset that I paid in cash. And I gave him exact change as well -its not like he had to count out a bunch of change. It was like being in one of those damn annoying Visa commercials where everything is hunky dory until someone pays cash, and then the whole system comes crashing down. What in the world is going on with this country?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hmm.. I get the exact opposite response usually. I think people are paying with debit and getting cash back, so when I show up with my $20, they're all "YES!! I've been running low!" weird.

12/31/2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger Chile said...

Welcome back!

1/03/2008 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home