Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mockingbirds

Mockingbird, Mockingbird, what are you?
Mockingbird, Mockingbird, how do you do?
Mockingbird, Mockingbird, singing your song
Mockingbird, Mockingbrid, can I sing along?

My backyard had been invaded by mockingbirds this year. There are at least five around on a regular basis and more that stop by to eat at the bird feeders. I’ve had two babies live in the backyard until they were ready to move into the trees. They are always out there singing and love to mock me whenever I come out. They’ll me when I do something they don’t like and follow me around the yard, hopping through the tree branches. I found a mockingbird feather the other day, beautiful and completely intact. It’s a very great honor to receive such a gift from one of our feathered friends. Mockingbird’s are supposed to remind us to listen to our inner voice. I wonder what mine is trying to tell me, lol.

In other news, the Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a rough winter ahead. They are at least as good as the local weatherman with their forecasting, and often better. This will be a catastrophe if it happens and I see every sign of them being right –we are all ready moving into autumn here and it is very, very early. Read the article here:
http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/031815.html

1 Comments:

Blogger jstuhr said...

Why don't you move to Minneapolis? The winters are cold but hearts are warm. That is just about all that counts.

9/18/2008 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home