Monday, November 17, 2008

Thank Goodness for Senators with sense

Like Senator Shelby. I do not like Senator Shelby. I do not try to hide the fact; he and I disagree on almost everything and I have voted against him ever since I became eligible.

But he has shown a remarkable amount of sense since this financial crisis started. He voted against the first bailout and is engineering the stalemate to keep the automakers from getting bailed out. For that I am grateful; we do not, under any circumstances, need to bail out Detroit. They are dead men (companies) walking. Who's going to buy their products anyway, in a bad economy with credit frozen?

What do I think we should do instead? Start directing money towards rebuilding infrastructure and the railroads. Those are projects with a future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home