Thursday, March 19, 2009

Workin'

Sorry for the dearth of posts this week. I have been extremely busy. I am picking up a lot more odd jobs as spring kicks in and people need help with their yards and such. I had two cleaning jobs on Sunday (one routine, one extra). Monday I spent planting bushes and trimming privet for ten bucks an hour. Tuesday I had another routine cleaning job and then I spent the rest of the day on another yard job. Over four hours of trimming hedges and pampas grass. But I got paid well –both in money and cookies, so I’ve got no complaints. Yesterday I had two more yard jobs –one big, one small, and then I had to go into my actual PRN job in the evening. Today I get to work on the floors here and then go back to work this evening.

I am, to put it mildly, bushed. And I still am not earning enough to support myself. (But I’ve made a lot more this week than I would have if I’d have kept the retail job.) Well, I would be if I did not have to support this house but I haven’t been able to unload it. I either have to soon, or I’m going to lose it because I can’t make the payments any longer. They haven’t really gone up, but my income has gone down since losing my last ‘real’ job. I haven’t been able to find another roommate.

Tomorrow I’m going over to my temporary farm to clean up and get my lettuce mixes planted. That is going to be great, and a giant step forward. I have found several tracts of land I would like to buy, and they are all between $5,000 and $6,000. I don’t have that much, obviously, and no bank is going to give me a mortgage so it will (obviously) have to wait. But it is nice to dream.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home