Monday, January 19, 2009

Cats and their toys

Last night my cat was playing in the kitchen with one of her mice. You know -one of the stuffed cotton ones that are ubiquitous in pet stores. She has, oh, at least a dozen of them. A short time later I come back into the kitchen to see her in front of the stove with her paw underneath and a determined expression on her face. Her tongue was actually sticking out a little bit. It was quite clear what had happened: the mouse had gotten under the stove and she was trying to fish it out. I watch for a moment. After a bit she gives up and saunters off with one of those 'I meant to do that' looks.

I decided to help her out and so pulled the pan drawer out from the stove so I could get the mouse. Um, make that mice. Until last night I had not ever pulled out that drawer. I started pulling out mice, and balls, and fish, and things with feathers on them that I don't even remember buying. I gave up when the count reached a dozen and just tossed them over the kitchen floor. A very happy kitty pounced on the mice and began to play.

Two hours later I walk back in, and most of the mice are gone. A certain kitty is sitting by the stove, looking at me expectantly.
Cats. Lol.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's been trying to train you all this time and you're finally showing some progress!

1/20/2009 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home