Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I got a $25 gift card from work for Christmas. I was very surprised and pleased by this, what with the economy being the way it is and the fact that I am a very part time employee. This card was to a very well-known big box store, but I could care less. Now, in other times I would have used this card to buy something I really want –a book or a CD, but not necessarily something I need. Not anymore. As soon as I got it I started figuring out what I could get from the list of things I need with that card. I think I did fairly well, and it is a sign of how desperate retailers are that I was able to do this. Here’s what I bought:
-A large grannyware stockpot that I will use for everything from making stew to jam.
-A very nice bread pan to replace the one that broke a while back.
-A 1/2 gallon glass container for food storage
-A large tin of my favorite holiday spiced tea
And all I had to pay was a bit in change. I keep staring at that stockpot and wishing it is spring. Strawberry jam, anyone?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Promotional Gifts said...

When you are choosing promotional items, make sure that they appeal to the sensibilities of the customers you want to attract. If your promotional items fail to gel with the audience, they are of no use. People should not only regularly use them but also relate them with your products. What’s the use of giving promotional pen to CEO of a company? He might be having hundreds of pens with him; moreover, a pen will not match his stature. Try to read customers’ mind while buying promotional items, so that they are happy to have them. You can also gift promotional gifts to your employees, if your intent is to increase productivity or motivate them.

12/11/2008 6:53 AM  
Blogger MeadowLark said...

Glad you were able to get a surprise. That's always nice. Sounds like you made good use of it.

12/11/2008 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home