Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I got a $25 gift card from work for Christmas. I was very surprised and pleased by this, what with the economy being the way it is and the fact that I am a very part time employee. This card was to a very well-known big box store, but I could care less. Now, in other times I would have used this card to buy something I really want –a book or a CD, but not necessarily something I need. Not anymore. As soon as I got it I started figuring out what I could get from the list of things I need with that card. I think I did fairly well, and it is a sign of how desperate retailers are that I was able to do this. Here’s what I bought:
-A large grannyware stockpot that I will use for everything from making stew to jam.
-A very nice bread pan to replace the one that broke a while back.
-A 1/2 gallon glass container for food storage
-A large tin of my favorite holiday spiced tea
And all I had to pay was a bit in change. I keep staring at that stockpot and wishing it is spring. Strawberry jam, anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger It's me said...

Glad you were able to get a surprise. That's always nice. Sounds like you made good use of it.

12/11/2008 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home