Saturday, March 21, 2009

The 'farm'

I had quite the adventure yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon working on my rented plot of land. It turns out I didn’t get the greens in; I had underestimated the amount of work I still had to do. However, I did get all the beds ready. I also didn’t know I would have two small and very eager helpers –the two and four-year-old grandsons of the property owner. That distracted me quite a bit, even though their mother and grandmother were present (and the mother helped me out as well). They were really curious and kept asking me questions and showing me their toys, in between helping.

The most ‘interesting’ part of the afternoon was when the older found the small pruning shears in my tool bucket. No, he didn’t hurt himself. But we looked up and he had decided to see if they were sharp enough to cut the fruit trees at the back of her property. Needless to say, I spent some time doing emergency surgery on cherry and peach trees. ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home