Friday, July 21, 2006

Clutter Free

The yard sale last weekend went well. In terms of making money it was pretty much a draw, but I unloaded lots of stuff, which was the main thing. My house is now mostly clutter free. The clutter that's left is 'good' clutter, things that I don't use much but which I need to keep around. My tool chest, my aluminum stock pot, that kind of thing. I intend to keep these things but am still labeling all of it 'clutter' because its not organized. I've gone through it and tossed out the junk, but I've yet to get shelves and such to organize it. I'll get those a bit at a time -off Freecycle, Trader, a thrift store, or a yard sale. No running to Home Depot for me!

I'm doing real well with the Compact thing so far. I haven't bought anything new since I've joined, except for the textbook I mentioned in one of my posts, food, and some plants for my garden. And the latter two don't count. Food is my nemisis -I love a good meal. And I'm a good cook, so that means I don't have to (or will) eat out. I am going to be spending quite a bit of money on my garden over the next few years, but that will be mostly on plants and such. The non plant materials I'll get either used or salvaged. I couldn't afford to buy that stuff new anyway, what with starting grad school in January. I put so much time, money, and effort into my garden because it's my hobby, it provides food, and it helps the earth -the more plants we have on this planet the better! In a few days I'm going to write a long post on that topic.

And woot! Today I finally unloaded my cell phone. The contract was up yesterday. I've been waiting for a year and a half to get rid of that thing. No more electronic leash, and no more bill burning a hole in my pocket every month. I may get one of those go phones without a contract later on, but not right away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Getting a cell phone 2 years ago was the crappiest idea ever! I'm waiting for it to die so I don't have to have one anymore.

Great job on the de-cluttering, doesn't it feel freeing?

7/22/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home